Hello, 2016! We’ve been waiting for you and oh so happy that you are finally here!
We hope each of you had a wonderful 2015 year. As the New Year has begun, many of you have probably written New Year’s resolutions.
Here are 10 Automotive New Year’s Resolutions from our team here at All Star Automotive that we suggest you keep:
1. Get regular oil changes. Check your owner’s manual to see how often your car needs an oil change. Most vehicles need an oil change about every 3,000 miles. It is crucial to take care of your car to ensure it runs smoothly.
2. Don’t text and drive. Keep yourself and others around you as safe as possible. No text is worth a life.
3. Get a courtesy inspection. Let us help you keep your car in tip-top shape. Stop in to our dealership and our service team will give you a complimentary 27-point inspection to ensure your car is running as it should. Schedule your service online!
4. Let drivers merge. It is dangerous not to let someone over and it could result in a wreck. Be aware of the drivers around you and their needs, as well as your own.
5. Have your tires rotated. The year brings about many different seasons of weather. Your tires can get run down and will need to be adjusted and rotated to prevent wear and unevenness. Make sure you do this regularly.
6. Organize your paperwork. This enables you to be prepared in any situation. Keep your paperwork up-to-date and handy. In the event that you’re asked for your “license and registration,” (which we hope doesn’t happen), you’ll be ready.
7. Clean out your car. Let’s face it, your car deserves it. Take it through the car wash and vacuum it out. Throw out those empty water bottles, old receipts and snack wrappers. Hang an air freshener from your rear view mirror and it’ll feel good as new!
8. Change your air filter. Air filters need to be checked and changed, much like a home air filter. If not changed routinely, you are less protected from dangerous gases emitted from other vehicles while driving. It’s worth it!
9. Perfect your parking. 2015 can be the year that you become a parking master. If you always pull forward into a parking space, try backing in! Don’t miss that front row spot because it means you’ll have to parallel park! The more you practice, the more confident you will feel. Don’t worry; you’ll be a pro in no time.
10. Work on your road rage. I know it’s easy to get frustrated at other drivers. However, whether it is a fellow driver failing to use their blinker or cutting you off, it’s not worth getting angry over. Anger can distract you as a driver and can cause you to make impulsive decisions. Drive happy!
We hope you take these vehicle New Year’s resolutions into consideration! At All Star Automotive, we care about you and want you to drive safely and happily.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around for a new, used or certified pre-owned vehicle, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive! Proudly serving Baton Rouge, Port Allen, Zachary, Baker, Denham Springs, Prairieville, Hammond and surrounding areas.