To help make this year’s festivity a trick-free treat, we’ve compiled some simple safety tips for you to follow. These tips may not make your Halloween night any less scary, but they’ll definitely make it safer. If you have a couple tips to share, please do and as always, have a happy haunted Halloween!
- Children under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an adult; experts also recommend that they know their home phone number, the cell phone numbers of parents and any other trusted adult who are supervising. Knowing the proper steps to contacting 911 in case they get lost is also a smart practice!
- For older kids who are trick-or-treating on their own, make sure you approve of the route they’ll be taking and know when they’ll be coming home. Also be sure that they carry a cell phone and stay in a group.
- Only go to houses with porch lights on and walk on sidewalks on lit streets. Avoid walking in alleyways, or dark areas!
- Make sure children know to never go into strangers’ homes or cars.
- Cross the street at crosswalks and never assume that vehicles will stop.
- Give kids flashlights, with new batteries.
- Limit trick-or-treating to your neighborhood and the homes of people you and your children know.
- When your kids get home, check all treats to make sure they’re safely sealed and there are no signs of tampering, such as small pinholes, loose or torn packages, and packages that appear to have been taped or glued back together. Throw out loose candy, spoiled items, and any homemade treats that haven’t been made by someone you know.
It’s also good to practice safe trick-or-treating when children are visiting your home, too! We recommend that you:
- Remove lawn decorations, sprinklers, toys, bicycles, wet leaves, or anything that might obstruct your walkway for trick-or-treaters.
- Provide a well-lit outside entrance to your home.
- Keep family pets away from trick-or-treaters, even if they seem harmless to you.
Come and see why All Star’s integrity and extraordinary customer service will prove to be second to none. Whether you’re looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle, we look forward to sharing our vast knowledge of the automotive industry with you, your family and friends.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive!