A – Always follow a preventative vehicle maintenance plan.
B – Be sure to have your car inspected when you suspect there is a problem.
C – Correct the problem to help avoid the inconvenience and potential safety hazards of breaking down on the road.
Understanding the basics of car care before taking the wheel will help keep drivers safer on the road! All Star Automotive wants every drive to remember the below preventative vehicle maintenance tips:
- Check all fluids – engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken parts if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay!
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy, and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
All Star Automotive wants you to love the car you buy. We are committed to providing you with a quality test drive. Please call us at (225) 490-6409 to schedule your test drive or visit us at one of our several locations.
Come and see why All Star’s integrity and extraordinary customer service will prove to be second to none. Whether you’re looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle, we look forward to sharing our vast knowledge of the automotive industry with you, your family and friends.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive!