School is back in session! All Star Automotive knows that carpooling is a popular form of transportation to and from school, and that’s why we put together a list of tips to make your carpooling plan go as smooth as possible. Check out the tips below and enjoy the new school year!
- Meet with the parents and carpoolers before the first trip to talk about communications, safety and any personal preferences you may have.
- Establish a morning pickup point and designate where the children should meet at the end of the school day for the trip home.
- Establish rules such as smoking or nonsmoking, type of music and volume, and whether eating or drinking is allowed in the car. Your carpool will have a better chance for success if these issues are discussed in advance!
- Make a “clean car” policy and stick to it! The car that carries children to and from school should be clean, safe, comfortable and regularly serviced.
- Draw up a schedule for driving responsibilities. If all parents involved in the carpool alternate driving, decide among yourselves if you want to alternate on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Establish a method of reimbursing driving expenses. If the parents of your carpool will not be sharing the driving equally, then discussion of reimbursement for gas may need to be discussed.
- Be punctual! Decide how long the driver is expected to wait.
- Be courteous and have respect for one another’s time, and the schedule you set in place at the beginning of the school year. Also, don’t honk for your passengers! Honking is not good for the neighbors — especially at early hours
- Establish a chain of communication. If a driver is ill, or will not be picking up one day, an alternate driver should be notified to ensure that the children of the carpool will have a ride. If a rider is ill or will not be going to school, the driver should be contacted.
Come and see why All Star’s integrity and extraordinary customer service will prove to be second to none. Whether you’re looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle, we look forward to sharing our vast knowledge of the automotive industry with you, your family and friends.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive!