Summer is a season full of sunshine and fresh air, but it’s also time where some of the most dangerous storms can sneak up on you out of nowhere! Storms always have a level of danger to them, but when you’re stuck out in a downpour while on the road, the danger level always increases! It’s important to know how to react when a storm hits while you’re behind the wheel, so checkout the tips below to help you stay safe.
- Turn on your radio so you can listen for up-to-the-minute weather alerts.
- Turn on your low beams, and drive slowly.
- Allow extra space between you and the car in front of you. Braking on wet roadways can be difficult.
- Never drive through standing water.
- During heavy storms, visibility can be greatly reduced. Pull to the side of the road and turn on your emergency flashers until the rain subsides.
- Be on the lookout for trees that could fall.
- Steer clear of downed power lines.
- If traffic lights are out, treat intersections as four-way stops.
Come and see why All Star’s integrity and extraordinary customer service will prove to be second to none. Whether you’re looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle, we look forward to sharing our vast knowledge of the automotive industry with you, your family and friends.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive!