Fourth of July is right around the corner, and we at All Star Automotive want to wish everyone a safe and fun-filled celebration! This time of year is always a happy occasion for our country as we cookout and light off fireworks as a symbol of our independence. During Fourth of July celebrations, safety is a top priority because fireworks are almost always the main attraction. To help keep you and your loved ones safe, we’ve put together a list of firework safety tips. Happy Fourth of July!
- Attend public fireworks displays that are handled by professionals
- If you use your own fireworks, make sure they are legal in your area
- Closely supervise children around fireworks at all times
- Hold sparklers for young children
- Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Never light fireworks near dry grass, brush or flammable debris
- Point fireworks away from buildings and homes
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks
- If a firework does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate it- put it out with water and dispose of it
- Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby
- Always read the instructions carefully before attempting to light a fireworks item
- Do not consumer alcoholic beverages if you are operating fireworks
- Keep fireworks dry- never attempt to light wet fireworks
- Do not buy generic fireworks that do not have labels identifying the manufacturer- all consumer fireworks should be clearly labeled as “Class C” or “1.4G” fireworks
- When using fireworks that utilize mortar tubes, be sure the device is securely mounted or secured in a way that prevents it from tipping over once it is lit
- Keep a first aid kit nearby for treatment of burns- if you are burned in any area above the shoulders, seek medical attention immediately
- Always clean your area of debris after you finish using fireworks
Come and see why All Star’s integrity and extraordinary customer service will prove to be second to none. Whether you’re looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle, we look forward to sharing our vast knowledge of the automotive industry with you, your family and friends.
At All Star Automotive, we offer a wide range of automotive services to make every step of your ownership experience as easy as possible, whether you’re shopping around, or need repairs from certified experts.
To help you find just what you’re looking for, our new inventory and used inventory search provides plenty of options. And when you’re ready, quick credit approvals and online financing help make your purchase go smoothly and efficiently. You can also schedule your service online and get the expertise of one of our factory-trained technicians. All these options are available at Baton Rouge’s favorite place to buy and service vehicles – All Star Automotive!